The goal of Maker Lab is to create opportunities for students to develop confidence, creativity, and interest in STEAM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Math) concepts through the creation of open-ended projects where students take the lead and use their skills to develop their own ideas.
The Maker Lab offers during and after-school program options for students in elementary through high school. We hope the lab sparks creative thought and action by engaging students in hands-on, inventive projects.
Steve Jobs once said, “Everything around you that you call life was made up by people that were no smarter than you and you can change it, you can influence it, you can build your own things that other people can use. Once you learn that, you’ll never be the same again.”
- Skill Builder – Students will develop skills in soldering, basic fabrication, 3D printing, laser cutting/etching, and CNC milling in order to use this technology throughout the school year.
- The Internet of Things – Students will explore the internetworking of physical devices, vehicles, buildings and other items – embedded with electronics, software sensors, actuators, and network connectivity that enable these objects to collect and exchange data.
- Creating with Electronics – Students will develop an electronic device or display using LEDs or sound. Devices can be worn, displayed, or interactive.
- Robotics and Coding – Students will study coding and robotics utilizing VEX kits and design a robot that can perform advanced functions.
- Design and Prototyping – Students will create a unique project utilizing the design and prototyping process. Students will present their creations to the public at a local Maker Faire.
- Epilog Laser Cutter & Marking
- Maker Bot 3D printer
- Shapeoko CNC
- Vex Robotics
- Raspberry Pi & Arduino